Now, before we jump right in the challenge, I want to mention that I’ve done some research and managed to track the challenge back to its rad creator: Okoto Enigma! Huge kudos for making this! The original post can be found here.
Onto the rules!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice;
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Rule #1: Put the award logo/image on your blog. I’ve seen three on the creator’s post, but the one below is the one I’ve seen around most.
Rule #2: List the rules. Okay, that’s some rule-ception right there.
Rule #3: Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Done! If you skipped the first paragraph, check it out. My nominators have awesome blogs.
Rule #4: Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. Once again, done. Check the second paragraph out and make sure to check their content out! It looks pretty cool to me.
Rule #5: Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- I love English and I see it as my second native language (beside Romanian). The reason is that I have been learning English ever since I was a toddler- this ‘fact’ is why I decided to start blogging in English;
- I’ve been quite the tomboy until about a year ago and some of the things and hobbies I pursued back then still stick with me. To name a few, there’s archery, horseback riding and the intriguing desire to collect knives of all sizes.
- I absolutely love reading and I’d like nothing more than to spend hours debating on book theories or on the general question of what is humanity’s purpose in the universe;
Rule #6: You have to nominate 10-20 people. I’m nominating the following people (this is not an ordered list):
- Rainbow – http://www.rainbowsdreamycloud.blogspot.nl
- Saff – https://saffydixon.wordpress.com
- The Honest Blog – https://natalierobinsblog.wordpress.com
- Chloe – http://www.chloetommo.co.uk/
- PaleGirlRambling – https://palegirlrambling.wordpress.com
- Emmanuelle – http://www.thecuriousportafoglio.net
- Soph – http://www.xosophblog.blogspot.co.uk
- Cassie – http://www.zombiegoddessbeauty.com/
- Chloe- http://chloemariasnow.blogspot.co.uk
- Claire- https://thatmummarocks.wordpress.com
- Nicole – http://www.abeautifulchaos.co.uk
Rule #7: Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog. I can’t really provide proof for that- right after I post this, I’ll comment on their latest posts and tag them on Twitter.
Rule #8: Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify). I think I might have to answer the questions I was given, first. From Makeup and Mummy Days we have:
- What is your go to breakfast food?
That’ll have to be either banana almond porridge accompanied by a cup of tea or a banana blueberry smoothie!
- What is your blogging goal?
Oh, dear. I’ve recently started thinking about going self-hosted and I think that, for now, that’ll be my goal. I know I probably won’t achieve it in the next few months, though- a way bigger community is needed for that. I want to keep publishing content and, starting with May, I want to focus way more on the quality of the content.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Five years is a long time, especially for me and people my age. In five years’ time I’ll be 21 and either in uni or having already graduated. I’ll be able to legally drink in the UK and the USA. I’ll possibly have a steady job? A steady income? Maybe I’ll have a flatmate? Holy smokes, my brother will be five years older.
- Best holiday you have been on?
Definitely the one from last year, when I went to London with mum. It was absolutely amazing! I fangirled so many times.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Tough one. I’d honestly love to travel the whole world! I’ve made a few online friends and I’d love to visit them. After that, there’s Egypt, there’s the US, there’s the UK, there’s the whole Europe just waiting for me- not to mention India, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Korea, Japan, China and a million other places!
- What’s one food you hate and why?
Hmm, it’d have to be either liver, pork or anything with baked tomatoes in it. They just feel gross to me, really.
- What is your favorite song?
Lately, I’ve been listening to Hamilton like crazy! It’s mostly the only thing playing on my laptop nowadays- I’ve probably been driving my family mad.
- Where would you like to be with your blog this time next year?
As I said before, I’d love to have gone self-hosted. I think I’d like to create a YouTube channel to keep in sync with the blog. Solely about Andrea’s Nirvana, though, I hope I can get it to reach more people and to get my message across to larger audiences.
- Describe your favorite shoes.
They’re about the only thing I’ve been wearing since it got sunny outside, so my answer has to be: my three years old battered leather Converse. I love them and wouldn’t wear anything else for the world!
- Is there a particular blog post you’ve enjoyed recently?
Definitely! More than one, actually. I’ll leave them all below- make sure to check them out and drop their writer a follow, like or comment!
- Taking Control – the link is here; amazing post, amazing topic, amazing writing;
- Pause – link here; same author as above, shorter but expressive read;
- Motivation – link here; the author is a blogger I’ve been reading for a while- the amazing James Clear- all of his posts can be considered amongst my favorites;
- How to help someone having a panic attack – link here;
Okay, time for my questions now. Here they come:
- What’s your favorite way to spend your free time?
- What are you proudest of in your life?
- How do you feel about gender queerness?
- What’s the latest book you’ve read?
- If all the world’s a stage, where does the audience sit? (crazy/ philosophical if you so desire)
Rule #9: Share a link to your best post(s). Hello, self-promo, my old friend! Here’s what I think are my best posts until now:
- “Love is an open door.” – an opinion essay with a given prompt (spoiler alert: it’s the title);
- Mental Health Days: Why Are They Important? – the title is pretty much self-explanatory;
- Beauty And The Beast – Movie Review – again, self-explanatory title.
Okay, this turned out to be quite long, but I’m happy with the results. I can’t wait to read yours! Make sure to tag me once you’ve done it!
This was a lot of fun, I hope you’ll enjoy doing this!
Keep hustling x